25 Aug 2017

I'm back. Ít's been a hell of a week. With week three of PTSD course done and dusted and the group is now norming together with some mutual support, it is starting to feel safe to let go of some issues. But what have I got to whinge about? I live in a country that is not at war with itself; where the infrastructure is excellent; electricity flows without issues; traffic drives on the designated side of the road; ....
Just a few of the fears haunting the mind. How can these be fears? ...(I hear someone say).

I had a friend request from an American Soldier on FB. No names no pack drill. But I am curious to know if this blog has prompted that, due to this discussion? PTSD can be a crippling condition. I am happy to talk.

Life in Iraq in 2004 was just one constant anxiety attack. Fear every day of what I would hear, see, smell or have to do. Traffic was a fear - bloody trucks driving dangerously on roads right at you; Electricity was a fear - or when it ran out (generator running out of fuel) and lights would go out during interrogations; Infrastructure a fear; with roads full of pot holes from bomb blasts or where an IED might be hidden.

That's enough for now. I don't wont to scare people but this is (was) real and it can be heavy going having to recall and write it down.

Mum?....MUM!!..let me in! Its cold out here!

Yes Rex has been somewhat sooky this morning. Or is it that I am looking like I need more cuddles? Dogs are extremely perceptive with emotions. Rex is wonderful at self soothing me. His assistance Dog training has progressed with some very clever additions to his command tool set. Hand signals are what I use to command his training, and he is responding so well to them as well.

With Spring now in second gear and just around the corner, the spraying will need to occur every two weeks, (but not sure if I've got the energy for it today). An exiting week for the farm in other areas though with a successful online auction purchase of irrigation equipment and other gardening items.

And a certain little white parrot is finally talking...and talking.....and TALKING!!!!! Parents will know exactly what I mean - one day it just starts...and never stops. (Currently sitting on my shoulder attempting to stop me typing). The funnier issue is her ability to mimic what she hears - like the other male parrot ''mating'' OMG!

Yeah shut up bird....jeez

For the die hard Korean Natural Farmers who are following my progress here, a new product has began to be prepared. A natural pesticide made from Bracken fern. This is Pteridium and is a native perennial fern in Australia. But it is also a natural pesticide when boiled in water and applied to other plants. Prevention is better than cure. So it will be added to sprayer with the homemade WCA I have been brewing for last two weeks. Eventually all the inputs for the orchard will be made on farm; both nutritional and pesticide. The cycle has begun.

Comments

Popular Posts