25 Nov 2017

So I woke up late. 0930 in fact. First time in god knows how long. But it was great...I think. So now I'm running late, really late. Don't panic Mr Mannering, just message the person concerned - tell them your running late.

What a trip. I go to Noosaville - just a general pickup of stuff etc etc etc. Then I'm driving home. Its 11am or thereabouts. It starts to rain hard - really hard, and I see this sad figure on side of road, hitchhiking. Yes I stopped. Yes I offered HIM a lift. A very nice man from RUSSIA. So I drove him back to farm, and he is now watching my TV, having just had dinner......yes I'm crazy. Not really.

His name is Maxim Vlasov.

Tomorrow he is heading off up to Airlie Beach, and he has a travel blog he writes for his travels which is of course in Russian, but he assured me it has a translation function. Homatravel.ru
Starting his journeys in Sept 2015 he hitchhiked from Russia through Mongolia, to China, onto Vietnam, them Cambodia, Malaysia, then flew (what no walkies?) to South Korea, then Phillipines, onto Indonesia, over to Sri Lanka, India, and finally AUSTRALIA.......on 26 Sept 2016.

So from Sydney he went hitchhiking up to Port Macquarie, then Coffs Harbour, then Byron Bay, then Gold Coast with Tamborine (he's been everywhere man!!) then Toowoomba, ok now Bris Vegas, Maroochydore (you should have heard him pronounce that!!) and finally Noosa National Park - the Devils Kitchen!...and didn't sleep well apparently. But I gave him the once over - mums Ok guys.

And that's the live of a professional traveller - what a life!




Comments

Popular Posts