14 April 2018

So its my birthday. No not MY birthday....the Blog is one year old today!
Exactly one year ago I began this online journey to rebuild my life on the farm. And what a week I have had in that process. With 5 people working on the farm this week, we have achieved 20 hours of work per DAY. Yes that's correct...per day. So this week has cracked out over 100 man hours and boy oh boy have we got some shit done. And exactly one year ago, I never imagined, selling nuts, feeding my goats and breeding my chickens would have occurred so soon. But it has.
Stay that course lady.

And the Brazilian workers have been amazing. For the full 12 days they have been here, sadly they must leave tomorrow, but thankfully I have managed to show them both all the input components for Korean Natural Farming; IMO (Indigenous Microorganism)1, 2 and 3; FAA (Fermented Amino Acid), OHN (Oriental Herbal Nutrient), WCA (Water Soluble Calcium), JLF (Jadam Liquid Fertilizer - all 4 stages), and lastly FPJ (Fermented Plant Juice). A huge 12 days of Organic Farming. They say they have learnt so much, and I only hope they will take that learning back to Brazil. We took trips to Tin Can Bay to show them the methods of harvesting natural plants for pesticide production, purchased fresh fish frames for the FAA and collected sea water to make the IMO3.
So. much. done.

Then this evening just as I have begun to relax, I began to itch. Oh yes...bugger - chicken lice. Yes one of the adversities of having livestock...pests. Into the hot shower for me. Yet its not so bad (scratch). All you have to do is disinfect the coop, the birds and anything else nearby, (scratch, scratch). And then yourself...

But what would life on the farm be without some challenges. And so too the Cockatoos have returned. And why not? The nuts are so ripe, if I were a bird I'd munch out as often as I could too. But with a challenge comes the remedy - in the shape of a long good friend with a very load thunder stick. Boom. Yes they flew away, but only until tomorrow morning. And then it will start all over again. (scratch).

God damn I need a shower.

Good night from the orchard

Comments

Popular Posts