21 April 2018

Every weekend I logon to this blog and every weekend I have so much I want to say that I struggle to decide what should be said first. But with the usual wet weather returning ☔️ and delaying the harvesting, then tractor repairs delaying harvest again along with other minor breakdown repairs we finally got deliveries completed. Despite these issues a first was achieved this week with a delivery of the biggest nuts so far to the Yandina factory called Nutworks. It featured not a huge amount, about quarter tonne but very good quality so I was pretty happy. Then another delivery same day to different factory. So even with wet weather holding up the collecting we are still getting nuts off farm to factories. The amusing part about the smaller delivery was it was squashed into my little car๐Ÿคช. Quite a nervous journey.

And in between the rain showers we are slowly starting/achieving other projects around the farm.
- major pruning back of overgrown garden beds around farmhouse
- lining the front entrance to farm with large rocks to create a boundary and protect grass verges
- creating a road base driveway with all the picked rocks from harvest dehusking
- keeping finger lime stock hydrated prior to planting
- preparing lower paddocks with fence removal to plant our finger limes
- keeping goats entertained with fresh pastures๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
- getting the chickens to use their new hotel๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ
- and trying to keep the grass mowed in between nut harvesting

Have you ever had to do something and despite it’s importance, you put it off and off and... well off??
You do this because
1) you don’t know how to do it and 2) you’re too ๐Ÿ˜ฉ embarrased to ask for help?!!

Welcome “chainsaw chain sharpening” to that list. So I sat up till almost midnight but I was determined to achieve a sharp chain for work on Friday. I’m sure someone out there in blogland has had same experience of trying to decode instructions in English from China?? No that’s not a dig at the Chinese, just the process of interpreting a language into usable English! As I threw the instructions into bin at 21:30, I began to labouriously tile each chain tooth one way around chain and then the other - and it worked . Stay the course.

So what has Rex been up too??...
MUM toilet time ! WAKE UP MUM...... (he is so lucky he is so loved). I NEED A WEEEEEEE

And next weeks it’s Anzac Day. How do I feel about that? Well better than last year and have plans to march as well. Having found my military medals in amongst packing boxes, I thought I must confront this demon and go to service on Wednesday morning at 4:30am. So far anxiety about day is mild but the night before always brings some sleeplessness. And Rex will be marching as well. Puppy wake up call at 4am - huh pay back is sweet!!!

Comments

Popular Posts