26 May 2018

The countdown has begun. Yes puppy number two will be arriving within 10 days. And I am almost too excited for words. A pure breed female puppy called Ruby will arrive to be Rex's girlfriend (nothing like an arranged marriage) hopefully for next weekend. Am I EXCITED!! Noooooo - YES!
Its just wonderful, we will soon have another baby here. (photos to follow). And speaking of babies we have a toddler who is besotted with Rex too....ahhh family life is good.

The delivery we sent off to the factory this week didn't reach the volume hoped for but it was pretty big, and over a tonne. So the work in the orchards is definitely paying off, with clear rows of trees with no more weeds in sight. Its just beautiful to see straight through all the rows now, right across to the boundary. But we still have to tackle the damned grass, something for next week. Today I plan to rest (hooray) but lots of little household jobs and KNF to do as well. As the orchard work has settled into a routine of harvest and maintenance I can look forward now to having a regular timeslot off to rest (about freekin time too).

So last week we made the sour dough - yum. Now this is so super easy guys you got to try it. Just mix some flour and water together into a sloppy paste and cover with a towel. Leave in a shady warm spot in house for 24 hours. It will start to bubble. Then add a small amount of it into some fresh flour - knead up and hey presto - your have a raw sour dough. Prove it till risen, then bake it. So easy. Ok I do have an advantage here - sorry guys I trained as a baker 30 years ago...but honestly bread is so yummy made fresh at home. Maybe we can make some for the farm shop eventually?

And speaking of shops - the big shed we have here onsite is being cleared out in anticipation for that project as well. Its going to take some work and will need a total internal fit out with stud walls and ceiling to keep temperature under control. But just imagine being able to buy local farm produce straight off the farm - vegetables, bread, biscuits, eggs, wild honey, nuts, Nuts, NUTS!! Its going to be hard work but who ever said that was a problem? Never shy away from a challenge.

Hark listen to me! This coming from the woman who was (WAS!!?) suffering from PTSD last year? WELL...that's what happens when you get happy again and you stop ruminating; stop listening to that little black voice in your head - you tell it to FUCK OFF and say its not in control of your mind. I say ''was'' suffering but to be honest its just much better - I don't think it will ever go away, but its definitely not controlling me anymore. I still speak with a psychologist, but only once a month now. Such  great sensation to be writing this and acknowledging the recovery I now have.

And little boy goat now gives me nose nuzzles (that's goat for kiss) which is so cute, I expect he sees me as his saviour after rescuing him last week when he ran away. How can I make him into a curry next year? But that's life on the farm - animals are for eating - well not the dogs of course - but I wont name the goat for that reason; well maybe the female goat we will name .... not the boy. And next Spring we will get a billy goat in to service our female - so more babies will arrive.

WHICH MEANS

.....Goat cheese! Yum yum yum

Comments

Popular Posts