1 July 2018

Sunday afternoon food coma has arrived. Roast chicken, with all the veggies, followed by home made apple pie. Pretty damned good. Don't know where to start this week, so much has been happening. I mean we just did so much....bonfire, conferences, pruning, harvesting, toilet training, to just name a few.

But one of the most exciting events was to attend a Ditigal Workshop earlier in the week, which truly gave me a kick up the pants to get this place moving. Its alright to sit back and plan as without planning nothing would be started, but never to procrastinate about it. So off to a Digital Workshop I went. This highlighted to me the need to set in motion all the media plans I had been thinking about, but had not done anything about. This workshop was run by the local Council and available to any business wanting to attend. Workshop done, action plan in place...and our Soil Workshop has got off the ground and gone live with tickets for sale from today. Check out Eventbrite for that one.Very exciting and to be held on 4 October this year. And another good result was achieved with the employment agency we use wanting to do a real-time video/interview onsite with my workers, then posted to the internet....pretty damned exciting that one. Now we just got to get the website built.

Our nuts continue to fall from the trees, but with exposed roots its proving difficult to use the harvester to pick them up. So we have had to resort to completing the harvest by hand - yes that's right picking them up by hand! But its not such a bad result as each tree is getting a prune at the same time and with addition of over 100 cubic metres of top soil arriving soon, they will each be backfilled to raise row profiles. And the garden beds at front of house are getting ripped out too. I have realised that a good deal of insects over-winter in them which just perpetuates the life cycle of these pests. So rip out the bushes we have had to do. Now front of farm around house looks very bare.

Then the next project to get started is the irrigation lines repaired and their solenoid controllers upgraded, so all the irrigation can be controlled from a central panel, on my desktop - hooray!

So with all this work going on you would think, I've got it pretty easy, just sit back and let others do the work for me. Well not exactly. I mean yes I muck in, but the bulk of the work I do now is paperwork (and pruning) and pay the wages of course. Then someone nominated me for the local New Business of the Year awards......yes I am still in shock. Fingers crossed.

Geese. They have settled in very well, but I think the chickens are very unhappy - gone off the lay infact. Had to buy eggs for first time in ages this week. Each night when I go done to bottom shed to put goats to bed, and chooks into coop, the Geese come squawking out of the dam and follow me around, honking their heads off at me. They've even taken to eating out of a small bowl held in my hand. So yes they have definitely settled in to their new home. Lets hope they breed successfully this Spring. Rex certainly loves chasing them around!

On the subject of eggs - we found a few sneaky hens had found an alternative to their coop - the harvester bin. Yes god knows how they get into it, but we found eggs laid inside the harvester bin. Oh well at least they are still laying - just.

And just when I think all this good news means  I've finally got to grips with that black dog and his baggage......oh well no one is perfect. But a puppy cuddle is always a good thing to have on hand.

 
 
Mum she's kissing  me!
 
Hello - my name is Ruby - yes me cute as
 
Rex being a babysitter
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts