12 August 2018

Just when I thought the week couldn’t get any worse....

I end up in the Surgery Decision ward at main hospital. A small cut to index finger last weekend has gone into sepsis with added cellulitis and compartment syndrome. Holy shit it hurts.
Add to that Ruby got sick too earlier in week; abscess removed from neck and then the final straw - the new cracking machine has broken down despite electrical intervention. Add to that my female parrot got out and flew away.
Well the final straw was my finger actually. Anyway I’m still alive.

But I have faith in the unknown orthopaedic surgeon soon to cut my finger open and am grateful for free public health care and the support of family and friends. So here I sit waiting for a doctor to arrive and give me something more to contemplate than fasting - again. Having low blood sugar sucks.

Ruby on the other hand is a bouncing vision of puppyness now that her stitches are out. That event began last weekend too with a small lump on her jaw bone which ballooned out in 48 hours to a very big swelling. I booked the vet appointment then realised she couldn’t wait and took her straight in to be seen. In meantime I ignored the small throbbing pain in my index finger to my detriment. And so the inevitable happens and here I am.

Good news for the farm this week has been a visit from an entrepreneur from the Australian TV series “Shark Tank”. Invited through the Gympie Council, the farm was nominated as one of innovative ideas to be visited. Let’s wait out on that one - at least until I get out of hospital (grrr)
And the new microscope is up an working with software loaded too. This will mean quite a bit to do once I get out of this hospital bed.

And so the weather is warming up and the orchard flowers just keep on coming out. Go to look on the bright side of life sometime, surely.

PS - someone bring me a cheese burger!!


Comments

Popular Posts