9 Feb 2018

As weeks go I don’t think I could fit in anything else. I know moving house is stressful but it’s taken me 7 full days to get my bed put back together and the bathroom - well let’s not go there or in there for that matter. At least the hot water works👏👏👏 So now I am in the laps of luxury - hot running water in kitchen, a flushing toilet and a kitchen that is size of the entire old cottage. Have even got an inground swimming pool - so only Rex swims in the dam now.

On subject of swimming we had to take a dip this afternoon due to an eminent heat wave on its way. As it’s now 7pm and still 30 degrees outside I think I’ll go in again before bedtime too. But the most exciting event this week has been seeing the nuts starting to drop from trees. And as I juggled moving house/cottage / mowing orchard the rain has given the grass something like mega growth hormone- it just grows before my eyes!!

Then the cattle yards got sold and a young farmer turned up yesterday to dismantle them. So I got ropped in to help and was just about to lift the feed tray up when a very angry paper wasp came along  from out of god knows where. Closely followed by his 105 mates ( don’t ask - I counted them) . Stung on the thigh I didn’t think too much of it, until this morning - shit it hurts. So two wasp stings in one week. That’s a new record for me.

Now living in country doesn’t mean you don’t watch TV or movies but since I disconnected the Foxtel down in cottage it’s been refreshingly quiet up here in farmhouse - probably take me another week to sort that one out. Anyhow with so much going on each day whose got energy to watch TV.
Then I had the irrigation engineer come out to measure up for the new fertigation pump that’s getting installed. As new toys go I am again very excited. Because this new bit of engineering will safe me loads of time. Nutrition into water source from the bore means I don’t have to drive sprayer around every 2 weeks, which will save me ( quick bit of mental maths ....5.5 hours x 1 per week x 26 weeks)
Yes lots of hours, not to mention diesel and tractor wear n tear. It will take 3 years to pay for inself but the trees will get benefits straight away, and that’s what truly matters.

Anyways this farmer chick is pooped out - stinking hot but very happy😀
Catcha next week, when I will have the bathroom cleaned.
Goodnight from Gympie.

Comments

Popular Posts