28 October 2018

Are you kidding me? Two weeks again?? Lets just say when life gets busy here it really gets busy.
So with puppies gate crashing my floor space under my feet, because they just can, I'm here to catch up on the last two weeks.

I know I said the solar panelled gate would be done this week but unfortunately its been delayed until next Monday. So I thought I'd update you on the market stall launch that we had on Wednesday morning. With baking completed on the Monday out at a hired commercial kitchen, I set out at 6:30am on the Wednesday morning to the local town centre Growers Market, to set up my first market stall for "Baupal Park Biscuits". Nothing to extravagant, just a marquee, a sign or two and tables with home packed baked biscuits. Two main macadamia varieties to start with. White Chocolate and Orange and a classic dark Chocolate shortbread. I was very nervous...not sure how much to bake or not on the Monday, so I just made about 200 biscuits and 200 shortbreads. Sold out at 10:15am. Am I happy? Shit yeah!

This means I'll go back to markets every Wednesday morning until Christmas, and increase the amount of product just enough to keep the punters happy. Here's a few pictures to tempt your taste buds too.

Getting on with the baking



 
 
All that was left at 10:15am - not bad for first day
 
And the next major claim to fame this week was to get the local edition of Gympie Living delivered.
This is our local community magazine and its taken a fair bit of courage to finally put my face into the press. You see that ugly thing called anxiety had reared its head again recently. Totally out of the blue. I know all the posts for this blog have been upbeat and happy for quite some time, but completely out of nowhere, I have an anxiety attack. I talk about this here and now to show people reading that its not shameful to talk about mental health, and that someone who appears "together" can still suffer from anxiety. Just breath through it that's all you can do. All I can do.

As I mentioned, the Gympie Living...here's the article...


Comments

Popular Posts