17 Feb 2018

And as another week is coming to an end, I find a road trip to Wagga Wagga and back again has added some excitement to my week. First let’s look at some beautiful fruit I found en route - ( photos to follow) - now I don’t grow peaches but I sure love eating them... big, pink juicy Australian peaches from our Riviera region in the south western NSW. So I was driving north into Forbes and came across a fabulous peach and nectarine orchard, selling directly to passing traffic. $1.50 per kilo!!!
Yes I bought loads.

Then there was the amazing scenery through the Warrumbungles.... try saying that one three times will marbles in your mouth ( or a peach stone or three). Central NSW has some very dry country at the moment and makes me very humble to have good irrigation on my farm right now. The temperatures have been pretty high all week and with high humidity too comes lightening storms.
But it was just hot hot hot down south and inland....can’t wait to get back to the coast. Back to farm.

So now we have a WWOOF page up and running 🏃‍♀️ I have received my first request for workers to come to the farm. They are a young couple from Germany. More on that one next week.

But for now I went through the week with an annoying negative memory - and it was that bloody pTs...d again...(f&$@kkk).... just when I thought it was moving away for good, the date for a 3 month review from course last year had been looming in my diary for past few weeks. Going back to that hospital again - seeing everyone there and having to talk to the psychs again.....I just couldn’t do it.
Am I just avoiding again!? Well yes and no. I did have another place to be but was also scared to attend the review at hospital- at least I can admit that.

Onto more important things. Sleeping.

Comments

Popular Posts